The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Pencils Palace

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/wow-following-ivans-link-and-poking-around-at-24269879.aspx

Subject:  Re: Tata Coffee acquires US company for $220M Date:  6/25/2006  3:04 PM
Author:  spicymudpie Number:  1230 of 7325

wow!! Following Ivan's link and poking around at tata.com quickly leads to the feeling of being lost in a labyrinth! In fact, beware as you read ahead, because my confusion is obviously reflected in a lack of a clear direction in this post.

I'm curious. Say I'm becoming very interested in Tata Tea. Or Tata Coffee for that matter, which seems to be a subsidiary of Tata Tea. Tata.com tells me that Tata is made up of 32 publicly traded companies, and, according to Yahoo!, there are 70 listings on various stock exhanges, but only one, TTM (Tata Motors) on the NYSE. Therefore, TTM is the only stock I seem to be able to trade in my TDameritrade account. And certainly TTM has been on my radar since you mentioned it as a current good value, so it's good to see it as an option on ameritrade.

(As an aside, interesting ... invest in GE and you take the winners and the losers .... seems you could cherry pick among Tata??)

How would I go about investing in Tata the conglomerate? or Tata Tea for that matter?

David, I guess, too, I'm backing into the question of how you found and chose IFN for your investment $$. I think I've tracked down Blackstone.com as the manager of IFN, and am reading about IFN there now. But I'm curious as to your narrowing-down process to get to IFN in the first place?

Pardon me if this has been asked before ... if it has, just direct me to do a search of the board. ;)

Best, Robin
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us