The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Pencils Palace

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/aol-article-24299710.aspx

Subject:  AOL Article Date:  7/3/2006  12:56 PM
Author:  SkierDena Number:  1296 of 7325

David... saw the article on AOL this morning and have been reading some posts on The Motley Fool site. Kudos to you and best of luck!!! I opened a Roth IRA and SEPP with Edward Jones and then moved it to Morgan Stanley... I let them invest money for me and needless to say, I have lost thousands and thousands. I took those accounts away and put them online to invest in myself.. although I've done better than the ED or MSDW (in other words, I haven't lost as much :-), I still lose. I've bought the green light/red light software, various publications, etc. I watch the market everyday and wake up to Bloomberg faithfully every morning at 4AM.... I just can't seem to get a handle on investing. I think my problem is I don't have a lot of time to spend researching... and as they say in equestrian circles.... green on green, makes black and blue! I sell real estate and have made very good decisions for myself in that market... but I'm good at my job too! I would love to be able to quit and trade the market everyday. I know you are a long term investor, not a day trader.. can you recommend some good sites to go to actually learn about investing, terminology, how to short trade (scares me to death), how to get a pulse for the market on a daily basis. I bought google this year and could have made quite a lot of money trading it everyday, but can't quite get when it's going to go up or down. I'm tired of buying high and selling low. Sorry for the long post.. can't wait until you start a fund of your own or an investment newsletter, etc.. please keep me on your email.. I will definitely sign up!!! skierdena@aol.com
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us