The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Bonds & Fixed Income Investments

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-agree-with-the-crux-of-your-post-imdajunkman-i-24308594.aspx

Subject:  Re: Brokers, Cribbage, & Mosquitoes Date:  7/5/2006  11:15 PM
Author:  JsnStein Number:  17395 of 36670

I agree with the crux of your post imdajunkman. I find the lack of personal responsibility today to be incessantly irritating. The onus is on the customer to make sure they know what they are doing.

However, I didn't learn about my broker's pricing by making a mistake (as you alluded to), I learned through research and inquiry. But it was a lot harder than it should have been. I take issue with E*Trade and TD Ameritrade because they structure their fees in order to deceive (of course it is borderline). How can you excuse someone for not simply listing what they are charging? How hard is it to disclose how they calculate fees on these transactions? Why must we figure it out? It should be plainly disclosed. My issue with these brokerages is that opportunity costs are real costs but they continue to use them for the sole purpose to deceive.

Along with a customer accepting the responsibility to know what they are doing before initiating a transaction that customer has a right to expect that fees and such are fully disclosed in a transparent manner.

We are not playing cribbage. We are conducting business. There are no points for "gotcha's", only unhappy customers.

Jason

P.S. I think the rape issue is a tad technical, but I will give that one to you. It may be rather harsh language for the topic at hand. :-)
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us