The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks P / Preformed Line Products

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/anyone-else-own-plpc-24402323.aspx

Subject:  anyone else own PLPC??? Date:  7/28/2006  11:04 PM
Author:  dansblum Number:  24 of 34

Just thought I'd check in. I honestly just jumped in with a small sampling of Hidden Gems--six total--and 1/2 position in two Tiny Gems back the end of June.

This is my first post--I've been a long-time reader of TMF, but finally sold the 2nd house, put about half the cash into my new business, and decided to stash the rest away long-term--like, 10 to 20 years. So I don't have to worry about the ups and downs that come with small caps.

So far, it's been very educational. PLPC was not my favorite pick, but I liked the amount of cash on the balance sheet--over 1/3 of it's market cap in cash sounded good :) It's my only real "winner" so far--up over 20%.

Until today, I was a little ahead--everything pretty much even, except PLPC juicing things up a bit. The VLCM happened, down 30% today :(

Oh well, again, this IS money I am NOT trying to live on, and I expect overall I will do very well with the collection of Hidden Gems I picked over the next 5 years, or even 10--hopefully adding to the pot as my business picks up.

Not sure the real point of this post.....just wanted to post something positive about PLPC and see if anyone else is even on this board!

Regards,

Dan

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us