The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltltevery-person-who-has-a-job-in-this-country-24527492.aspx

Subject:  Re: Parents Nearing Retirement Date:  8/30/2006  1:53 PM
Author:  SeattlePioneer Number:  966 of 1929

<<Every person who has a job in this country can afford to save something. I don't care if they are living on minimum wage, they can still afford to save something. All they have to do is make choices not to spend.

I'm speaking from experience. I never had a high-paying job but retired comfortably at age 50. I have no financial worries and probably won't for the rest of my life. Basically this was done through a consistent and absolute budget that required that I pay myself first. I'm somewhat of an example of the folks you can read about in "The Millionaire Next Door," although I never owned my own company nor had a high income.
>>

You should fit in right well on this board, Glenn.

As a way of recognizing the virtues you describe above, I'm pleased to be able to appoint you a Seattle Pioneer "Favorite Fool," and to be the first person to recognize you as a Favorite Fool as well.

Seattle Pioneer
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us