The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Imp This Ride

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/my-dh-was-in-a-class-where-the-professor-used-as-24554781.aspx

Subject:  Re: Freakonomics and Parenting Date:  9/7/2006  2:56 AM
Author:  Booa Number:  9249 of 40273

My DH was in a class where the professor used as an example, "A moose and a goose together have juice," and he barely made it until the end of class to run outside and shout, "BUT NOT THE HIPPOPOTAMUS!"

Given that he was just about the only person in the class that was a parent, it was probably a good idea he waited so as not to seem quite so much of a crazy person. But it's like in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, when the bad guy gets Roger to reveal his hiding place by knocking "Shave and a haircut," and the rabbit can't resist finishing with the "Two bits!" There are just certain phrases you can use to pick out the parents in a group...

I used to be able to do the entire original Winnie the Pooh movie, and large portions of Iron Monkey, because we have the subtitled version, so I'd have to read the movie to the boy, and when he was really sick and home with me for two weeks, that's all we did, watch those two movies, over and over again. :-) Too bad I couldn't pick up Cantonese that way...

--Booa (though I was probably moaning "No more Wong Si Fu, no more Wong Si Fu, stop cooking, darn it" in my sleep those weeks)

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us