The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / 77's Foolish House of Pigskin

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/lessons-learned-tonight-24627648.aspx

Subject:  Lessons learned tonight Date:  9/25/2006  11:55 PM
Author:  psuasskicker6 Number:  51412 of 106429

- I've been saying it for a while and have seen nothing tonight to change my opinion that the Saints will have the best home field advantage in the NFL. One of if not the scariest game for me on the Ravens schedule is Oct 29th @ New Orleans with the Saints coming off a bye week.

- The Saints have more talent than anyone gave them credit for. Their offense is playing up to par because Drew Brees has been exactly as advertised. The offense can move the ball efficiently. It's not the Colts, but it's good. And they have a lot more talent on defense than anyone believed. It's a young, hungry defense that doesn't have superstars, they just have guys that can go out and play solid football and know how to get the job done.

- Reggie Bush is the real deal. Not only does he have exciting moves, he's an incredibly smart football player. Look at what he did on the final drive of the half as a great example. A couple key plays he got out of bounds when they needed him to. One play stands out in my mind. With a little over 20 seconds and no time outs, Brees was about to get taken down in the backfield. Seeing that, Bush came off his block and told Brees he was open to dump it. Brees dumped it, and seeing he had no chance to turn upfield, Bush made a bee-line for the sideline to get out of bounds and stop the clock.

- Sean Payton has done a terrific job rallying these guys and running this team to a 3-0 record. Quite a story that they open with two road games and then home against a very tough Atl team and stand at 3-0. If the Ravens don't win the Superbowl this year, I really hope the Saints do...

- How long can we go on waiting for Vick to turn into a passer, and how long is the media going to continue to think it's acceptable and Atlanta can win anything if he doesn't? The guy's electric with his feet, there's no question about that. But he's a horrible passer. Not mediocre. He is horrible. And if he can't ever develop into anything that even resembles a passing game threat, they have no prayer of going any farther than they've already gone with him.

- C -
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us