The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Sports / 77's Foolish House of Pigskin

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/neither-do-i-and-frankly-in-the-pantheon-of-big-24633324.aspx

Subject:  Re: TO's suicide attempt...breaking Date:  9/27/2006  10:24 AM
Author:  TheNajdorfDefens Number:  51445 of 106162

Neither do I, and frankly, in the Pantheon of Big Sports Jerks, I don't think he comes close to guys like Neon Deion, or Tyson, or Bonds, Bob Irsay, or Starbury, or Hollywood Henderson, or a lot of the jerk coaches.

He's an amazing athlete. I love to watch him play. JZC even had to buy me a TO jersey to payoff a bet. He would have OWNED Philadelphia for the rest of his natural life if he had just shut up and played, or even sat out a few games and came back.

Look at Jaws - people love him here, and NOT for his commentating. His SB performance was almost as bad as Big Ben's! He was awful, they lost by 17, and he's still revered here, and always will be. You can name examples from World B Free to Reggie Leach to Greg Luzinski. TO is much better than any of those guys, a real game-altering offensive player, likely the best WR in the NFL when's he's on his game. [Okay, Marvin is 1a, but still.]

Clearly he has some mental issues to work out, and I, for one, will be rooting for him the whole way. Jerk or no jerk.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us