The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

CAPS / A CAPS Index

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/lev-i-very-much-like-and-agree-with-your-24706727.aspx

Subject:  Re: CAPS Index Rebalance Info Date:  10/16/2006  11:58 PM
Author:  TMFBreakerDave Number:  33 of 88

Lev,

I very much like and agree with your 5-star-to-4-star premise, especially as I know that some five-star stocks are right on the cusp of being four-star, but the shift numerically speaking wouldn't actually be that significant. Also, the message about 4-star stocks from CAPS is "the community likes these and thinks they'll outperform," so it's consonant there too with the approach you're taking.

Another strong day for the index, by the way.

On a side note, I saw that TNL was closed out -- I also see that it's currently listed as a 5-star stock on CAPS. I take this to mean that it jumped two stars in its rating today (that can absolutely happen in our dynamic system, of course, though such occurrences are rare). --D

P.S. Probably goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway that I appreciate you putting in the time into this enjoyable experiment. Your writing ability, sense of humor, and sensitivity to making the best choices are all indeed very Foolish. :)
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us