The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks S / Sirius XM Radio

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-like-the-ads-too-well-produced-feature-the-24841438.aspx

Subject:  Re: Sirius love from Madison Avenue Date:  11/19/2006  12:05 PM
Author:  Leadfeathers Number:  8593 of 10889

I like the ads, too. Well produced, feature the Sirius radio as part of the bigger ad, without focusing on it as a reason to buy a particular vehicle, just one little added incentive to do so.
The phrase "commercial-free_ seems a bit more noticeable to me than earlier ads I've seen, too, and that strikes me as an important point to underscore if you're trying to sell satellite over commercial radio.
Though I think satrad as a concept is becoming more familiar to consumers, I'm not sure the advertising has done a very good job on stressing the advantages - the commercial free music, easy access to specialized musical genres, the variety and access to the multitude of talk channels......
Or maybe that's just me. But I've been a Sirius subscriber for 3 years now, and those are some of the reasons I'd never just have commercial radio in my vehicles again.
Be well, all.

Jeff
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us