The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks B / Berkshire Hathaway

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quot2-buffett-displayed-awesome-physical-24890115.aspx

Subject:  Re: Thursday & Friday Date:  12/4/2006  2:25 AM
Author:  namkato Number:  125850 of 239251

"2. Buffett displayed awesome physical stamina. He fired back at student questions with clarity, wit, and precision for two full hours, pausing only for two sips of Coke. It reminded me of a Bruce Springsteen concert when Bruce was in his prime and loved to wear out the concert audience. Buffett wore me out. (I teach for a living, I'm in good shape, I'm 21 years younger than Buffett, and I was sitting down.)"
--------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Mark. This kind of first hand account about Buffett's actual physical condition is maybe the most difficult kind of information to get, and maybe what we most want to know at this point in his life. One of the biggest reasons to go to the AGM is to hear for ourselves: how strong is his voice? How quick is his wit? Although I am comfortable with a post-Buffett Berkshire I would love to be able to say about Buffett "he was very very old."

Actually I have been a little concerned as Buffett was described as looking very tired in Israel. I'm sure that, if true, it was just jet-lag. Travelling in an eastern direction is said to have a more pronounced effect.
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us