The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-desertdave-now-that-weve-put-all-of-the-24993723.aspx

Subject:  Re: Here's your chance: Balance the Fed budget Date:  1/3/2007  1:09 PM
Author:  Dwdonhoff Number:  200257 of 603486

Hi DesertDave,

Now that we've put all of the government's money into someone's pocket, you could debate whether any or all of those pockets deserved to have dollars going into them.

I don't have any concern of "deservedness" at all... The issue is where the optimum RESULTS are generated from the passing of that dollar. Government is excellent (arguably irreplaceable) at an extremely small set of responsibilities... the danger is when we allow Government (which by it's inherent human nature desires to grow) to expand BEYOND that small set of appropriate functions.

Hi TiRien,

What I want is a standard of living that is as high as possible.

By its very definition, that is ONLY available from profits.

I would rather miss out on the profits and have more spare time.

That is available to you, or anyone, in exchange for a lower quality of life.

If no profits would mean that I only need to work 2 hours a day, I'll gladly do without them.

No profits would effectively mean no income... if you have enough saved, you can work zero hours a day.

THAT is what I believe MOST of us are desiring to achieve! ;~)

Cheers,
Dave
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us