The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investment Analysis Clubs / Macro Economic Trends and Risks

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/no-i-was-not-arguing-that-one-individual-or-25013610.aspx

Subject:  Re: Here's your chance: Balance the Fed budget Date:  1/8/2007  4:03 PM
Author:  Dwdonhoff Number:  200587 of 603841

No, I was not arguing that one individual or company can't gain by using manipulation of perception rather than creating real value. I am arguing that our economy as a whole does not benefit.

If superior quality producers persuade emotionally sluggish consumers to more rapidly and concertedly adopt a greater degree of higher quality and utility, voluntarily, (and yes, this does occur among the myriad of economic transactions) how could the economy as a whole NOT benefit?

The world is full of people who have become wealthy by less-than-admirable practices, I'm not arguing otherwise.

Actually, it appears that this is the only thing you ARE arguing.

The core blindspot you are being afflicted with is the denial that the common human decision process is primarily emotional, and non-rational. Your profile quote implies that you "logically" understand this fact... but your active arguments display your own proclivity to fall to emotion.

It's the fabric of life... unescapable, in the end.

Cheers,
Dave
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us