The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Imp This Ride

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-am-quite-possibly-the-only-geek-i-know-that-25045848.aspx

Subject:  Re: Things Date:  1/16/2007  1:59 PM
Author:  QASteph Number:  13695 of 40273

I am, quite possibly, the only geek I know that doesn't like gadgets.

Me too. On the one hand I sit out quite a few conversations. OTOH, when work gives out gifts of, say, iPods or portable DVD players, I can be all "cool" and not "I already have this."

I made one snarky comment about how Vista was just for pretty, and I nearly got ran out of town.

I have an entire office full of geeks who will back you up on this. Well, the pretty and "to cause even more annoyances." Which will then be followed by a laundry list of all of the problems that have been encountered so far. Which is long despite the fact that it got so frustrating most people stopped playing with the test Vista for corporate peoples after a short time. (I don't know what they call the program - some sort of thing where they released it to corporations but not the general public? Pretty sure it wasn't officially still a beta.) Well, there is one person here who says "they moved stuff around and at first it takes longer to do stuff but once you get used to it, it's better." Of course, it takes a month or two to get used to it.

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us