The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Learning to Invest / Where to Learn about Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-adhere-to-ftlaudinvestor-request-im-also-25130248.aspx

Subject:  Re: Greetings, Fool! Date:  2/5/2007  8:58 AM
Author:  Tincho2210 Number:  3 of 95

I adhere to FtLaudInvestor request. I´m also looking for guidance to learn more about investing and finances.

My background though is a little more basic. I've worked for a financial websites a few years and learned the basics of the stock market there. Although i haven't done much, i just watched for me sidelines :)

A few years ago my stake in that company was sold (along with the rest of the company :) and i found myself with a whole lot of cash and no idea of what to do with it. To avoid any mistakes i asked my bank (a NY Private Bank) to invest it for me. And it has been there ever since.

They chose to invest in a few of their funds and compared to the market perfomance (S&P) i haven't done bad, since this was 2001 and the market crashed, but my assets kept raising (very slowly though). Now that the good times seem to be back, the S&P is gaining on my portfolio's performance and i'm starting to wander whether i sould make any changes.

I don't mind giving more details but i won't put them here because i don't want to bore you. If anyone is so king to help and needs more info please ask!

Thanks

Tincho
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us