The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Rollover to Roth Date:  2/7/2007  7:05 PM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  91864 of 132792

I understand that the conversion and contribution is different. But, if I add $4000 (from 2007 limit) to this rollover IRA, and I decide to convert this to ROTH later on, doesn't that mean that I'd pay taxes on $7600 instead of on just $3600?

Why not make your 2007 contribution to a Roth IRA and eliminate the middle man?

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us