The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/no-i-am-not-please-explain-how-do-i-copy-text-25150530.aspx

Subject:  Re: Wash Sale Rules Date:  2/9/2007  7:24 AM
Author:  vkg Number:  91942 of 133017

No, I am not . Please explain. How do I copy text from a post, paste it to my post as a reply ( I can do this), and then go to another post to copy something from it to paste to my post to make another reply in the same post? ed

First, let me get my foot out of my mouth. You are correct, it is common to have two reinvestments within the 30 day window, one before and one after the sale. It is theorically possible for three to be within the 30 day window, but selling on March 1st maybe the only day that is possible.

The Replies to Your Posts tab under Discussion Boards/Favorites & Replies complicates combining multiple replies in the same post. As you stated, these discussion boards are not structured to support combining replies. Replies to your most recent posts are listed under the "Replies to Your Posts" tab. A reply is only shown for the owner of the message that receives the reply.

Debra
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us