The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: 1099-B as a result of a transfer Date:  2/9/2007  10:26 AM
Author:  irasmilo Number:  91948 of 133300

She had shares of stock as a result of DRIPs. All she did was transfer (the ownership of?) the stock to the brokerage account (I was at the meeting). The stock now shows up on the brokerage statement.

That is the basis of my question - why am I getting 1099-Bs?

Are the 1099-Bs for the total amount of stock transfered or just for fractional shares which the DRP administor sold? Usually brokers will only transfer full shares so the fractional shares will be sold. If they're for the full number of shares, you shouldn't be receiving 1099s and you'll have to contact the DRP administors to find your answer.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us