The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies


Subject:  Re: Rollover to Roth Date:  2/9/2007  11:32 AM
Author:  TMFPMarti Number:  91955 of 132797

I've put in $1400 (deductible for 2006) towards rollover IRA and if I were to convert this into ROTH, I'd only pay taxes on $2200, which is from the 401K, correct?

Probably not, but I'm lost. Let's get everything in one place. Please respond with the following. If this is too much financial information for your comfort in a public forum, feel free to respond by e-mail instead. (See the check boxes below the place where you type your response.)

1. Total value of all traditional IRAs as of 1/1/2006. If you have more than one traditional IRA account, label them A, B, etc. and for everything following identify which account was invovled unless I'm asking for a "total."

2. Total of all nondeductible contributions to traditional IRAs before 2006 (if any).

3. All additions to your traditional IRAs in 2006, including the amount, listed separately and identified as rollover or contribution.

5. Value of the specific account immediately after you made each contribution. (Ignore rollovers).

4. Total value of all your traditional IRA accounts today, listed separately.

5. I'm assuming that you have no existing Roth IRA accounts. Correct that, with similar information as above, if I'm wrong.

We'll nail this sucker yet.

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us