The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Resume & Interview Tips

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-im-a-programmer-who-changed-gears-after-25205827.aspx

Subject:  Re: resume help Date:  2/22/2007  1:47 PM
Author:  vickismom97 Number:  227 of 268

Hi :)

I'm a programmer who changed gears after getting offshored too many times and am working on becoming a Proj Mgr. If you want to be a Project Manager, join the Project Management Institute (pmi.org). My community college has PM courses to help prep for the PMP exam. You should focus on taking the PMP so that you can be taken seriously. Take any courses you can. You need 35 hrs of coursework to earn a PMP. Also, you can work on a graduate certificate in PM at Keller Graduate School (keller.edu).

I would move the HS Valedictorian down to the last section b/c that is important but after college, high school ceases to matter in the "real world." I would definitely remove any other high school or college references that have nothing to do with your career path. Are you in grad school? I'd put that down. You need to show where you are going, not where you've been.

Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us