The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Learning to Invest / Where to Learn about Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hi-tincho-a-few-years-ago-my-stake-in-that-25298658.aspx

Subject:  Re: Greetings, Fool! Date:  3/18/2007  11:02 AM
Author:  StealthFisher Number:  9 of 98

Hi Tincho,

A few years ago my stake in that company was sold (along with the rest of the company :) and i found myself with a whole lot of cash and no idea of what to do with it. To avoid any mistakes i asked my bank (a NY Private Bank) to invest it for me. And it has been there ever since.

Are they beating the benchmark, minus fees etc? An ETF that closely mimics the S&P might be an option, have you considered creating your own portfolio and paper trading? Hard to tell which direction the market is headed. If you are happy with the returns, I'd stick with it,but if what your paying for is barely beating the benchmark,you may want to expand.

J.P.Quote #41 "Wall Street", reads the sinister old gag, "is a street with a river at one end and a graveyard at the other." This is striking,but incomplete.It omits the Kindergarten in the middle."--Frederick Schwed Jr.

Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us