The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-do-plan-on-doing-overseas-traveling-again-but-25322186.aspx

Subject:  Re: Is Capital One just plain greedy? Date:  3/23/2007  4:41 PM
Author:  AcmeFool Number:  250501 of 313032

I do plan on doing overseas traveling again (but this time my trips will be funded with cash).

You can fund something with cash, but pay for it with credit cards. For foreign travel, this is especially valuable. You will not want to be going to the ATM constantly, so you are usually better off having some local currency and using your credit card for most of your purchases.

As long as you have no balance on the card and you have the cash sitting in your account, you can just pay it off when you return and not face any charges.

(this will aid me in my goal of attaining an 800 FICO score. Ultimately I'd like to shoot for 850).

I guess I have to ask -- why? Once you have your credit in a place where you can get things on the best terms, putting effort into a higher score is, IMO, a waste of time and energy. Get out and do something fun with that time!

Acme
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us