The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Global Gains / GGM: Special Event

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/frankly-and-with-selectivenotable-exclusions-25329633.aspx

Subject:  Re: OK, I'm asking a question Date:  3/26/2007  1:05 PM
Author:  TMFAgewone Number:  53 of 111

Frankly, and with selective/notable exclusions, India and China are to the point where they scare me. Valuations in some companies have gotten to the point where I cannot understand where/how the growth's coming from. To me, investing there has become to tantamount to religion--part faith and part scientific. There's a degree of that in all investing, but it's gotten to the point where the faith overweights science. That's storybook investing, and while it can do well, I think there are a few people that remember the likes of CMGI in or around '99. How could they lose? Well, they did.

I'm a bit of a contrarian, inveterate some might say. That in mind, I'm also looking at places where money's not yet gone en masse--parts of Latin America look very interesting, and Russia for the prospect of continued economic/political reform sometime in my lifetime. Let me be clear: Russia really scares the hell of me. But I'm not the only one, and it's created some very attractive valuations.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us