The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/where-to-get-credit-scores-25343021.aspx

Subject:  Where to get credit scores Date:  3/29/2007  3:18 PM
Author:  luckymama Number:  250750 of 313043

Hi folks,

I've been reading this particular board for over a year now - the posts are wonderful and to some extent, mirror my past errors, current plans, future goals, and all the screwups along the way. One day, I hope to have the courage - and it is indeed courage - to post my particulars. In the meantime, I have my excel spreadsheets and my reduction plan moving in the right direction.

Anyway, one thing I have not done is monitor my credit report or my credit score and would like to start doing so. Can any of you suggest a good place to do this? I would like to monitor across all three CRA's.

I would really like to see how my "credit" behavior is affecting the score in particular. For instance, I received a Chase statement last week. It previously had a zero balance, but they had charged a $98 dollar annual fee for the card. So, I called and just completely cancelled the card. I know my credit score took a ding for it. At the time, I didn't care too much since I won't be making any major purchases for a long time. Later however, I wondered if I would get hit since I would now have a higher utilization.

Thanks!
lm

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us