The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/oooouuuch-i-went-to-the-first-credit-report-25345827.aspx

Subject:  Re: Where to get credit scores Date:  3/30/2007  10:48 AM
Author:  malaoshi Number:  250785 of 313042

OOOOUUUCH!!!

I went to the first credit report place mentioned and found in very small print that I was stuck with what I thought was $14.95 monthly automatic withdrawal from "the credit card listed"....for something called "blah blah escapes.." !!!!!

In a panic I started calling to cancel. No one was there last night. This morning I started again.. Ten long minutes later I got very nice service from a customer rep who told me the cost was $29.95 a month, not $14.95.

I was really pretty anxious,let me tell you.

I told her that I hadn't received any free credit report and I wanted to be OFF THAT LIST immediately. Of course I was more polite than that..it's not her fault ...but what a rip off!!!! After " Well it is a 7 day free trial period and you can get your report this morning" sales pitch, I finally got off that list. ( I hope)I was much too scared to try to get the free credit report and then begin this attempt this cancellation of the blah blah escapes group.

So..not such a helpful post or I am naive and do not negotiate "free" with the necessary finesse.

That free report obviously has huge strings attached.

Big Momma

Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us