The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-dont-post-much-but-i-have-to-give-this-idea-a-25524307.aspx

Subject:  Re: Charge your mortgage payment! Date:  5/24/2007  7:23 AM
Author:  ems79 Number:  253501 of 313061

I don't post much, but I have to give this idea a thumbs-up.

I charge absolutely everything possible to my AX Blue Cash card each month. The result is that between work purchases (lots of money) and the ~$800/mo from my own personal spending/bills I hit their upper level cash reward tier within a couple-few months of the start of the year--1.5% on everything and 5% on gas/groceries.

I can't remember the last time I paid finance charges because I pay the bill every two weeks via my bank's website, amex is happy because they get their gobs of transaction fees, I'm happy because I get a little discount on everything I buy/do, protection from fraud, and convenience.

The key for me so far in not letting this be a slippery slope is that I don't consider my credit limit when I make purchases, I consider my checking/savings balances and I make financial plans before anything major or unexpected. I'm far worse when I have any cash in my pocket over $20 then my CC :-)
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us