The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Retirement Investing

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/as-long-as-were-talking-about-fidelity-issues-25632782.aspx

Subject:  Re: Vanguard and Fidelity Customer Service Date:  6/28/2007  1:13 PM
Author:  2gifts Number:  58043 of 90547

As long as we're talking about Fidelity issues, I've got one that makes me and a bunch of folks in my position crazy. I worked at Digital Equipment Corporation many years ago, and when I left, I rolled over my 401k funds, which were at Fidelity, into an IRA that was not at Fidelity.

Since then, I've had several other jobs with 401k's at Fidelity, so I do still log in there to check my 401k accounts. Except that I have managed to continue to have a non-existent and completely empty 401k account that reappeared when Digital was sold to Compaq, so it showed up as a Compaq account. Then they merged with HP, and today, I have this non-existent and completely empty 401k account at HP. I've never worked at Compaq or HP, and don't understand why any previous Digital employee data was shipped to these companies. The account can't be closed, it seems, and just sits there.

Don't these people ever clean out their account records?
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us