The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/my-four-most-recent-billing-cycles-had-gas-25668096.aspx

Subject:  Re: Discover, the Fine Print Date:  7/10/2007  11:13 AM
Author:  mjw3786 Number:  255428 of 312650

my four most recent billing cycles had gas purchases of $101.27, $90.22, $122.51, and $102.39.

just curious, but would it make more sense to buy a vehicle that gets better fuel efficiency?

i'm assuming you live on the west coast if your fill-ups are regularly over $100.00...is that correct? are prices in the 3.50-4.00 range out there?

assuming $4.00/gallon, that puts you in a full size pickup truck or SUV with a 24-26 gallon tank, if i'm doing my math right.

so my question for you is...and please don't take this the wrong way...it's entirely possible you NEED a full size truck or SUV for work or some other reason. in which case you should completely ignore most of this post (as I'm sure the idea of fuel efficiency isn't foreign to anyone who drives a vehicle these days)

if you're so concerned about getting some cashback on your gas purchases, why not make an effort to minimize the fuel you HAVE to purchase in the first place?

Mike
(who admires your attention to detail, but thinks you may be looking at the wrong details)
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us