The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / Mutual Funds

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/thanks-littlechap-and-regarding-all-the-other-25698612.aspx

Subject:  Re: Whatever you do, avoid mutual funds Date:  7/19/2007  7:22 AM
Author:  TMFSelena Number:  15572 of 18062

Thanks, Littlechap --

And regarding all the other responses, OUCH!

Geez, I didn't mean to receive such hostility. I just thought that this audience in particular might enjoy seeing a little (creative and amusing) support of mutual funds.

Yes, we frequently promote our newsletters. That keeps the lights on and everything else running. Like these boards. I don't love how much I promote things, but I take comfort in the fact that (at least so far), our newsletters have admirable records. Our Champion Funds newsletter, for example, has been around for more than three years, has recommended several dozen funds, and none are underwater. I think that the newsletter serves a very useful function, introducing people to funds well worth considering, and teaching them in the process about how to evaluate and think about funds. Don't most people need info like that? Not everyone wants to do all the digging around on their own.

Anyway, I was just sharing something I thought some here might enjoy -- no other intent. I wasn't fishing for sales here -- you folks are probably more likely to be do-it-yourselfers, anyway, with funds, and this is not the Grand Central Station of discussion boards.

Sorry to have ticked you off,

Selena
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us