The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Investing/Strategies / It's Earnings That Count

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/introduction-25708160.aspx

Subject:  introduction Date:  7/21/2007  7:53 PM
Author:  rogimoto2 Number:  1359 of 1817

Greetings to everyone on the board. I am posting to introduce myself.

I bought and read THE book when it was first published. I have re-read it since, and being a novice at this level of security analysis, I finally wrote to Hewitt Heiserman for some help. He referred me to this board, which is a tremendous find for me. I wish I had found it sooner.

I am very optimistic about using this methodology. I noticed when I first read IETC that "Defensive" earnings are similar to Warren Buffet's "Owner" earnings, which I have used and find that I get much insight from. Mostly though, the analysis was (a little) over my head at the time. I have progressed since then, and I think I'm ready to tackle it, especially with some help. I am excited about learning more about the entire methodology, and that's why I'm here.

I hope I can bring something to the party as well. In the mean time, thanks for having this board, and especialy thanks to Hewitt Heiserman for participating here.

Roger
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us