The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Imp This Ride

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/my-haircut-25846156.aspx

Subject:  My haircut Date:  8/28/2007  8:10 PM
Author:  eudaimon6 Number:  14767 of 40207

I went in to the barbershop this afternoon for my twice-a-month trim. I can see from outside that the shop is full, but when I open the door I realize that there is one man in the chair, and two women and a man waiting. That's unusual. Sometimes there are women with small children, but these women were older, and no kids in sight.

So Al finishes up with the fellow in the chair, and he turns to the older of the two women. He smiles, and says, like he always says, "what'll it be today?"

She smiles back, a determined kind of smile, and replies "Well, I guess it'll all be gone soon enough. Better just have it all off."

Then I realized what was going on. The other fellow was her husband; the woman was her daughter. She has just started chemo and her hair was falling out.

So Al shaved off her beautiful silver hair, her daughter took a picture and collected a few locks of her hair, and that was that.

"I'm not going to wear a wig. If people have a problem with an old bald lady, to hell with them. I'm kicking this cancer's ass, and I want the world to know."

And she hugged her daughter, and she hugged her husband, and she hugged Al, and she went on her way.

I hope if a time like that ever comes to me, I have half her strength and courage.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us