The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retire Well on Less

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/kudos-to-you-hedge-for-being-the-first-to-break-25990133.aspx

Subject:  Re: Others with un-retirement? Your ratio? Date:  10/13/2007  12:08 AM
Author:  Imaginistics Number:  1111 of 1911

Kudos to you Hedge for being the first to break the taboo and giving
at least some information about your ratio.. I mean you never know what to believe from all those articles and advice columns from Money magazine
to other personal finance websites..so anything shared amongst us mere 'regular folks' is helpful.. :-)

As I said earlier, I'm not planning to retire but to semi-retire
in a way that would still cut my income by more than half (and cut my hours by less than, but not much less than half..) so I don't have a number right now but I'm shooting for 20+ ..keeping in mind that I'm hoping to cover more than 50% of my living expenses (ideally 100% and thus breaking even, but I want to be realistic) when I do semi-retire.

Your candor already is very helpful in focusing discussion and sharing ideas...such as...maybe we can all share tips on how to best retire or how to best semi-retire when one's ratio is less than 25 or even less than 20..financial strategies, strategies for which sources to tap first, etc..

Hopefully others will chime in too..

Imag
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us