The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Letter Writing Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/complaint-to-postal-service-26202798.aspx

Subject:  Complaint to postal service Date:  12/18/2007  8:51 AM
Author:  stevenjklein Number:  150 of 166

Sent via their website. I'm not holding my breath waiting for a reply.

Recently we received PS Form 3849 ("Sorry We Missed You!") in our mail.

According to your own website, such a form should only be used "When no one is available to receive a delivery."

Well, someone was available to receive this delivery. My wife was home; she heard and saw the letter carrier through our window. But my wife didn't go out because the letter carrier didn't ring the bell or knock. No attempt of any kind was made to see if someone was home. Only a few minutes later, when she went out to check the mail, did she discover that form.

In retrospect, the wording on that form seems dishonest -- if you were truly sorry about missing us, you would have rung the bell, right?

This is not the first time this has happened. Many times in the past we've received those notes, even on days when someone was at home and available to receive a delivery all day. (We have infant triplets, so my wife is usually home all day, every day.)

Do you have any policies or procedures regarding delivery attempts?

Shouldn't the carrier at least ring the bell or knock?

Or is it standard procedure to make no attempt at all to see if someone is available to receive a delivery?

I look forward to your reply.
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us