The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Tax Strategies

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/gtgtgtgtgtthat-capability-is-there-if-26397388.aspx

Subject:  Re: Online tax filing? Date:  2/19/2008  12:52 PM
Author:  ed1007 Number:  98857 of 130901

>>>>>That capability is there if you purchase the CD as I did for many years. This year however I decided to file online and could not find that option. It might be available and I simply did not search long enough.>>>>>

Direct access to the forms is not available in TT online version. It is on the download/CD version.

As a side note: This caused me quite a bit of consternation this year when I messed up an answer to one of the "simple" questions. TT online decided that I needed a particular form related to sale of a car used for both business and personal use filled out, and started it for me. Even after I realized my mistake, backed up and corrected my answer, the form hung around. When TT did the final check it pulled up ~10 "errors" on that form I fought for 30 min trying to make it drop it and finally just input some dummy answers. When I printed the return and checked over, I always do this prior to efiling, the form had been dropped and everything was ok.
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us