The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Personal Finances / Credit Cards and Consumer Debt

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/quoti-have-a-lot-of-respect-for-how-many-26438041.aspx

Subject:  Re: Changing cars (or not)? Date:  3/4/2008  3:44 AM
Author:  DrBooa Number:  269073 of 312293

"....I have a lot of respect for how many details DM has been willing to share and how gracefully she's handled the heat from people who would have different priorities."
Patzer

--------------------------------------------------------

Your comments are certainly all true but we can't all do a complete history search before making comments.
This and other threads would come to a complete halt.

Maybe, just maybe, the best advice could be an instantaneous,impulsive analysis by a passer-by.
Even *if* seemingly inappropriate, the impulsive comment should not be totally disregarded as it is part of the composite of a thread and could spark a better idea from another member. Don't just assume it was malicious.
Solid suggestions based on experiences as well as "brainstorming" both have their place in an analysis.(But I could be wrong and often am.)

I grant you, it is possible that the best advice could be an off-the-cuff, instantaneous comment from someone who's done no analysis or reflected on the problem for any length of time. (I do not think it is at all *probable*, but it is just barely *possible*.)

But today was not that day for Caffiend. :-)

And I agree, malice should not be assumed. We should endeavor to follow Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.

--Booa
Copyright 1996-2018 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us