The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Books & Writing / Book Club (Fiction Poetry Drama)

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/definitely-lord-of-the-rings-i-have-re-read-that-26473985.aspx

Subject:  Re: What books have you read more than once? Date:  3/14/2008  10:28 PM
Author:  Mudster1 Number:  2739 of 3398

Definitely Lord of the Rings. I have re-read that every 2 years or so since childhood.
Because I'm a teacher, I have read the (excellent) children's book "Holes" for at least 5 years in a row. I find something clever I didn't notice every time I read it.
I have read some Arthur Upfield mysteries more than once, but I enjoy those as a release.

I have read some Pynchon more than once because I didn't understand it the first time around.
I've read the Electric Kool Aid Acid Test more than once, and enjoyed it. Also "One flew over the cuckoo's nest," although once was for a class.
The Years by Virginia Woolf and another of her books.
I've read at least one Joseph Conrad novel twice.
In the Tennesse Country by Peter Taylor (and some of his short stories) and many Flannery O'Connor short stories.

This is a good idea for a thread, but I'm going to have to give it some thought and browse my bookshelf.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us