The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Stocks A / Ares Capital Corporation

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/hey-gustav-thanks-for-breathing-a-little-life-26522365.aspx

Subject:  Re: Right Offering? Date:  3/31/2008  5:19 PM
Author:  Knifecatcher1 Number:  3 of 78

Hey, gustav, thanks for breathing a little life into this dead board.

I don't know what to think about the rights offer. It gives shareholders a chance to buy at maybe a 5% discount to market, of course depending on the ending exercise price.

This kind of thing is brand new to me. I may call the company and ask for some hand holding to help decide how to buy more shares.

The rights showed up in my Scottrade account today. They have a current nominal value of 0.56/share, and I think if they're not exercised they'll just disappear again from the account.

As for ARCC itself, it looks very cheap on a revenue basis, as well as earnings, price/book, steady and increasing dividend.

On the other hand, being a small company in this credit-constrained environment is a dangerous place to be.

I have a modest position in ARCC that's under water, but I think it's strong enough to pull through, at least for now. Not sure I want to add more shares right now.

I have more questions than answers on this one, and I'd be glad to discuss and hear opinions.

Regards,
kc
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us