The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/why-should-taxes-be-at-the-lower-rather-than-the-26636001.aspx

Subject:  Re: Could your retirement survive this? Date:  5/9/2008  5:19 PM
Author:  Follydolly Number:  13035 of 22171

why should taxes be at the lower rather than the higher rate? but conservatives have a pretty simple answer--it aids in capital formulation and stimulates private enterprise and wealth formation.

stockmuncher100

I must commend you on a very well written, well thought out post. I wish I could give you many more recs.

I miss the likes of Barry Goldwater LOL. I don't even know if true fiscal conservatives exist even in the republican party any more. Many seem more concerned with religion and morals! I hope that McCain, if he wins the election for President, can surround himself with an intelligent cabinet and vice president. I am sure I am not alone when I say I am very worried about the candidates we have currently running for president.

I can understand why we have such a poor selection of candidates. Who in their right mind would want to take over the horrible mess left by Bush? We need people who truly want to serve the country, not themselves.

Here is my evil side: liberals can call me a selfish bitch, but if I am going to share my "riches", it will be with my family and charities of my choice, not some ne'er-do-well who refuses to keep a job. This country has a dismal education system in the inner cities. There are teachers and schools who have made inroads which should be copied in all the inner city school systems. They don't want to work at it, just keep plugging along, losing the interest of 50% or more of the students.

Putting on my flame suite.

~Birgit
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us