The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/if-you-can-afford-to-be-retired-if-youre-under-26636883.aspx

Subject:  Re: Could your retirement survive this? Date:  5/10/2008  2:12 AM
Author:  ChurchyLaFemme Number:  13042 of 22143

If you can afford to be retired (if you're under 65), then you have so much more than most other people. That's not fair, even if you did it by your own efforts. You should have your taxes hiked considerably, a bigger chunk of your income taken from you and given to others to level the playing field. That's your take on things, isn't it? Oh, I forgot--that only applies to people who have worked hard but saved and invested more than you. Never mind.

--fleg

You sure have a rather crazily skewed view of what it's like not to be a right wing nut.

As for income, I can't speak for AM, but we manage ours so we staty in the 15% bracket, right along with most people who still work for a living. I prefer it that way. It's amazing how little you need to live reasonably well when you don't insist on impressing other people with your ability to spend money.

Churchy
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us