The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/what-you-are-saying-is-quothands-off-my-stuff-26637603.aspx

Subject:  Re: Could your retirement survive this? Date:  5/10/2008  2:09 PM
Author:  cliff666 Number:  13057 of 22143

What you are saying is "Hands off my stuff because I live modestly but your stuff is fair game because you're a greedy pig." Your bias clearly shines through with the telling phrase "impressing other people with your ability to spend money." You haven't the faintest idea how much money I spend or what my motives are. The way you phrased that leads me to believe that you are jealous because you think I may have more than you and you need to impute petty motives to me to make yourself feel better.

--fleg

And, fleg, what I read from your recent posts is that you have a relatively high income, but you don't believe you should be taxed on it. What I (and AM, and presumably Obama) are saying is that everyone should be taxed the same on their income. YOu are saying that some income is "different". Unearned income should not be taxed, while earned income should. What am I missing? Is this where we diverge?

cliff
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us