The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Education, Jobs & Professions / Ask a Mover

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/they-arrived-at-8-am-neatly-dressed-in-navy-26772418.aspx

Subject:  Re: Thank you Date:  6/29/2008  11:07 AM
Author:  zathrus1 Number:  25 of 65

They arrived at 8 a.m., neatly dressed in navy blue company uniforms, and informed us that their mother was expecting them for lunch at 1 p.m., and they didn't dare be late.

Four and a half hours later, they had moved us into a split-level 4-bedroom, 3-bath, 2-living area, 2-car garage house and were on their way to lunch with Mum. One of our best move experiences even if we did eat leftover Chinese food for our Christmas dinner the next day.

It is so nice when you get to see 'real' movers in action.

I've had so many workers come through my shop. Finding guys that are keepers is a nerve racking exercise.

In fact, just yesterday one of the guys I thought was going to do very well just decided he had to get home in the middle of a job. He wouldn't give anyone any details about what was going on, and there was only about 30 minutes of actual work left. Why he did this is one of two great mysteries.

The other great mystery is where he's going to be working next week.

Zath
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us