The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Social Clubs / Imp This Ride

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/small-achievements-26782391.aspx

Subject:  small achievements Date:  7/2/2008  3:18 PM
Author:  eudaimon6 Number:  17632 of 40280

A few weeks ago, my stepson had to attend a funeral, to which he wore dress pants. After the funeral, I took his pants in along with mine to be drycleaned. A week later, when I picked up the dry cleaning, it had slipped my mind that I had a pair of his pants along with mine. This morning, as I got dressed, I thought it was odd that my pants felt a bit snug. Then I realized that I had just put on a pair of pants belonging to my nineteen-year-old stepson, and they really fit ok.

I've now lost five full inches off my waist. Over the last three years I've gone from size 40 to 35.

More importantly, I just had my annual physical, and my blood chemistry has improved to the point that my doctor thinks it likely that, if I continue with my healthier habits of exercise and a vastly increased intake of fruits and vegetables, I may be able to stop taking cholesterol medication in the very near future.

Yay for me.
Copyright 1996-2021 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us