The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Global Gains / GGM: Global Gains Philosophy

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/id-put-in-a-little-stake-in-each-of-your-26796372.aspx

Subject:  Re: Stalking The Bear Date:  7/8/2008  12:11 PM
Author:  jctaylorucsd Number:  76 of 5166

I'd put in a little stake in each of your favorites (which it sounds like you already did) ... I like a number of the GG stocks such as GIGM, CBI, PDS is cheap again, CFSG, CRESY, MPEL, SLT, KHD ... you can go on in this market (I'm long all those, and others).

After that, in my opinion its not just a question of % drop in this market... I'd suggest putting aggressive limits on the stocks you'd like for now, but not enough to spend all your cash - try to spread putting it in over time rather than over price, aiming for an all-in within the next year. Also try to balance the sectors with it somewhat by choosing several different types of companies - not necessarily trying to get stocks in all sectors but definately choosing companies that aren't tied to the same markets, and regardless of price don't be tempted to go overweight in financials - the tide may be going out for some time on those.

I'm an amateur and thats an opinion, although I have to admit that due to my personal situation its not what I'm doing... I'm keeping only what I've got in the market now and putting extra cash in savings to make sure I have it for tuition (MBA program) - the worst thing for me to do would be to invest too much and then be forced to sell at the bottom to make tuition payments.

Good luck, and hope you bag that bear.

-John T
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us