The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Global Gains / GGM: Global Gains Philosophy

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-cant-stand-the-style-of-cramers-show-call-27014545.aspx

Subject:  Re: Cramers Game Plan Date:  9/21/2008  6:08 PM
Author:  jctaylorucsd Number:  261 of 5166

I can't stand the style of Cramer's show ... call in, booya, kiss Cramer's butt, cheap special effects, quick opinion on a stock, next caller. I really don't care much for his picks either because of their lack of analysis, but I have to admit I've heard ideas I agree with occasionally ... mainly the idea of keeping an exit price in mind for a stock. There is wild speculation on both the upside and downside, and I like the idea of keeping limit sell orders in order to get out on too much upward speculation - the reasoning which got me to sell GIGM at $17.50 and PDS at $27 (both of which I bought back on the drops), but also got me to sell EDU and SSL much too early. There are tradeoffs with any style, but if I adapt my own right- so that my instincts match my moves and make sense in the big picture- I think It'll perform well. Its just a learning curve.

-John T
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us