The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Motley Fool Global Gains / GGM: Global Gains Philosophy

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/how-i-know-that-the-markets-have-hit-a-bottom-27088615.aspx

Subject:  How I know that the markets have hit a bottom Date:  10/13/2008  7:44 AM
Author:  TMFDeej Number:  450 of 5166

I think that the markets have finally bottomed out and are poised to bounce back a little over the next several months. Want to know how I figured this out? Here's my secret. I have been absolutely swamped with work, a three week old baby, getting the flu, being hospitalized for dehydration, being the best man in my brother's wedding, etc... for the last several weeks.

Last night I finally had a chance to sit down and look for bargains out there. I placed limit orders at Friday's close for four stocks, determined not to chase them in this sort of environment. I wake up this morning and futures are up massively. You all can thank me for putting a stop to this terrible carnage. If you would like to give me a token of your appreciation, accept beer as payment.

Deej
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us