The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Paying For College

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/i-may-be-way-off-base-on-this-but-i-think-it-27127536.aspx

Subject:  Re: FAFSA and CSS Profile questions Date:  10/24/2008  3:49 PM
Author:  6Bitsadollar Number:  7522 of 8565

I may be way off base on this, but I think it would depend on the school. I don't think the FAFSA info is sent on to the CSS folks. I can see why the finaid at a particular school might expect them to match up. You might want to talk to the fin aid people where you plan to attend. I filled the forms out at different times so I am sure my info probably didn't match either. I would really ask around. When I went to a finaid seminar at DD's high school it was given by the FinAid officer from a local private university, and he made clear on certain issues he was speaking only for that school. Although he thought most other schools worked in a similar fashion, he said to contact the school to which the student was applying if you had a question about something he said. DD applied to a dozen private colleges.

Molly
Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us