The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Financial Planning / Paying For College


Subject:  Re: Coverdell ESA transfer Date:  12/1/2008  12:18 PM
Author:  reallyalldone Number:  7531 of 8557

From the Scottrade site, it looks like you basically can just change the beneficiary by amending the account. I'd call whoever has the account and see what they want you to do.

The one thing to remember is that it has be used byt the time the beneficiary is 30 -,,id=107636,00.html

(BTW, there's no assumption it had to lose value - it could have been in a savings account or MM or CD)

Copyright 1996-2020 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us