The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Health & Fitness / Diabetic Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/it-happened-again-27245572.aspx

Subject:  It happened again Date:  12/4/2008  4:04 PM
Author:  shirehobbit Number:  1791 of 2920

This morning I tested my blood two hours after breakfast; my glucose number was 63. I got some orange juice out of the vending machine and called the advice nurse: he had my doctor call me back. My doctor took me off the glypiside (which he had me taking half an hour before breakfast).
So I'll be interested to see what my reading is two hours after breakfast tomorrow.

Tonight I'm going to order an I.D. bracelet off the Internet. I found a woman who is a jeweller and a diabetic -- she's designed a wide variety of styles for her medical I.D. jewelry.

I got new prescription lenses yesterday (the eye doc said the diabetics did cause the sudden blurriness).

The orange juice is going in my tote bag for my commute ride home tonight (better safe than sorry).

I'll respond to your posts tonight.
Randy, thank you for your compliment about the way I'm making these lifestyle changes. Heads up: I'm going to the Dickens Faire on Saturday and I'm going to eat a high carb dish that I've been looking forward to having for a whole year (I had a taste last December)-- Yorkshire Pudding.

Cheers,

Shire
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us