The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Retirement Discussions / Retired Fools

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/ltltone-of-my-companies-isnt-doing-so-well-27272192.aspx

Subject:  Re: Retirement? Feh! Date:  12/15/2008  11:41 AM
Author:  SeattlePioneer Number:  14333 of 21395

<<One of my companies isn’t doing so well. Cash flow is down. Moral is low. Several have quit. I have let the CEO go last week and I took over the company. Mea culpa for letting it get this far – I should have seen all the signs – yet I didn’t and now I am no longer ‘retired’ but back in the fray. At 70 I wonder my stamina for it but my choice is either take the company over and try to bring it back to snuff or pull the company down and lose a lot of investment money: almost a million.

This venture was a retirement choice: start up a company in a field I enjoy (boats) and let others run it. I would have fun being a part of it but now the fun is lesser and I am forced back in the saddle again as an operations manager.
>>

The good news for environmentalists is that the survival rate for salmon off the Straight of Juan De Fuca is going to be on the rise.

Sorry to hear about the wringer your business is going through.

Take comfort. Your bus seems to be doing very well indeed next to my Washington Mutual stock, although I've only been spending the paper value of my investments rather than my time on that outfit.

Seattle Pioneer
Copyright 1996-2019 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us