The Motley Fool Discussion Boards

Previous Page

Politics & Current Events / Retire Early CampFIRE

URL:  https://boards.fool.com/if-you-dont-believe-me-try-doing-something-27274085.aspx

Subject:  Re: Happy Days Are Here Again Date:  12/15/2008  10:29 PM
Author:  catmeyoo Number:  433509 of 888931

If you don't believe me, try doing something that's not you. Something totally out of character with who you are as a person. It's very difficult to break character to be something you aren't. It may be possible, but it ain't easy. --

It is impossible for me to get up and fix a simple dinner from scratch this snowy evening because it is not who I am. I put it down as something I would definitely do this morning in my plan for the day but now it is dark and the instant pleasure seeking nature of my character is getting the better of my plans. Also, I have been playing an Agatha Christie mystery solving game way past dinner time and now I am just going into the kitchen and putting in a tv dinner--I think I'll have General Tso's Chicken made by Kahiki or someone. It takes about 5 minutes. Then for dessert I will have a little dish of mandarin oranges. Or there is a good little Seeds of Life noodle dish in there with peanuts, chicken, good sauce.

I'm recording a 4 hour movie with Al Pacino as the lawman and Robert Di Niro as the bad guy. It's on Bravo. I can't believe it is 4 hours or that I haven't seen it yet. I think I'll start it while eating my tv dinner and if it seems familiar I can switch over to CSI:Miami at 9pm. I haven't watched that for weeks and weeks. It's friggin' cold out tonight Art, you would hate it. I was freezing in the house so turned the furnace up to 80 and now the living room is toasty but it's making me sleepy. I love winter though. Yesterday I had to go out and sweep tons of snow off my car, and scratch off the ice on the windshield, so I could get to the mailbox behind the post office and to the grocery store. I started the car and let it run in the driveway about 20 minutes before I even attempted to go out and do that. Lots of gas wasting but then I hardly use more than 2 tanks a year so I don't feel guilty. Even with all that cold I still like winter. I cannot help myself. Winter is my second favorite season, or maybe third.
Copyright 1996-2022 trademark and the "Fool" logo is a trademark of The Motley Fool, Inc. Contact Us